Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Some of these questions are fairly easy, some too easy.
You are on your honor to answer these from your head without Googling.
1. What year did the U.S. declare itself independent from Great Britain?
2. What is the second largest city in the U.S.?
3. Name the three countries that share a geographical border with the U.S.
4. Is the capital city of Florida pronounced MY ami or MEE ami?
5. Alaska and Hawaii are the two most recent additions to the USA (in 1959.) Before that, the two most recent additions entered together in 1912. Can you name those two?
6. What is the largest port in the U.S.?
7. Who was the President of the U.S. during the War Between the States?
8. What is the name of the highest mountain in the U.S.?
9. In what city is the Alamo located?
Answers in next post
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Saturday, May 7, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Resuming his public duties, the Prince of Wales visited a small urban farm in Washington D.C. Tuesday, which grows produce for low-income residents.