Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bloggers Unite for Human Rights


While the words might change from country to country and are sometimes taken for granted, human rights represent one of the universally agreed upon ideas — that all people are born with basic rights and freedoms that include life, liberty, and justice. This year marks the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the United Nations.

Bloggers Unite For Human Rights challenges bloggers everywhere to help elevate human rights by drawing attention to the challenges and successes of human rights issues on May 15. What those topics may include — the wrongful imprisonment of journalists covering assemblies, governments that ignore the plight of citizens, and censorship of the Internet. What is important is that on one day, thousands of bloggers unite and share their unified support of human rights everywhere.

SIGN UP HERE

13 comments:

  1. Okay wait - do we have to be funny every day or not. I'm mean - count me in but it's not really 'ha-ha' funny - is it? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not funny indeed. But it is enough to know you were here, and that you are with us. And I know you are. Have a good day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be doing this, you should add your blog to Blog Catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing it too, got signed up the other day.

    Good to see you're in it too :)

    Happy Wednesday btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intending to do this, but why do I have to sign up with Blog Catalog(ue)? I'm trying to do my own badge, without great success.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was already signed up to blog catalog before seeing it, that's how I found out about it. You don't need to be signed up, with them to participate.

    Good luck with your badge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @A.-I think Claire's comment about signing up was probably directed mainly at me, and not meant to imply everyone still needs to sign up. She simply suspects (correctly, of course) that Max has been to lazy to do this, and that now would be a good time to get up off his arse. And so he shall. Claire, of course, is too refined to come right out and say something like this. Yellow signs on other blogs notwithstanding...

    @Claire-your point is taken and heeded. Or soon will be. Hope your day is going well, busy one. :)

    @Caroline-The sun has come out from behind the clouds on my blog. Oops. Gone again. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are both visiting each otheres blogs today, and sending entrecard clickers in circles :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, the fifth day of the 15th month? And you call yourself BritishSpeak! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have so many problems getting the date written down right over here, you have no idea how many forms and cheques i've messed up due to the date format!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm definitely in. :-)

    maxi, you rule!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dates? I'm American. I drive on the right (correct) side of the road. Of course Brits have their dates backwards too. Why the surprise? :)

    Marmelade, you are more "in" than anyone I can think of. (Sun's out again.) :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes I meant Maximus, it would be good for you to join Blog Catalog and My Blog log.

    My day is over too soon as usual, so I am blogging from my bed :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails